At Melbourne Cremation Service, we take your privacy seriously.
This page is designed to help keep you informed about:
• What personal data we collect and how we use this information.
• How we keep this information safe.
• Your rights.
• If you have any questions about how we protect privacy please email us at email@example.com.
We may collect your information in a variety of ways, including directly from you, including but not limited to:
• Through activity on this website, including completing the order forms, contact forms and statutory forms;
• Through the purchases/transactions you make on this website;
• Email or other written communications;
• Telephone calls;
• In person;
• Through payment providers.
What is personal information?
What information do we collect?
All personal information we collect is provided by you to us voluntarily when you deal with us via our online services, via telephone, or send correspondence (post, email), or contact us in person. The kind of personal information we collect depends on the circumstances and nature of your interaction with us. The personal information may include your name, mailing and email address, residential and postage addresses, telephone number and contact preference. We may also collect detailed information in respect to your loved one when completing and purchasing one of our online packages. All personal information we collect is necessary for the operation of our business. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to our collection of the information. Whenever it is lawful and practicable, you will have the option of not identifying yourself when entering transactions with us. If you choose to withhold personal information however, we may not be able to provide the best or most appropriate service possible.
What do we use your personal information for?
We may use your personal information to help us develop, deliver and improve the supply of our products, services, content and advertising.
Our uses may include:
• internal record keeping;
• to personalise any correspondence we may have with you;
• to improve our website content (we are constantly trying to improve our website experience and therefore any feedback you may provide could be used to achieve this goal);
• to fulfill requests for any services that you may have made;
• to communicate with you regarding messages you have sent us via this website;
• to complete documentation to register a death;
• or to provide information to third parties a family has authorised us to engage.
• to collect payment, issue refunds and prevent fraud.
If you wish the site to remember your card details, your details will be fully encrypted and stored in compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards. With respect to your purchase history we keep this so you can shop online and add products to your basket, save wish lists, provide customer service support to you, process returns and to better understand what you like. We also use this information to improve or develop our products and services and for ATO Tax reasons.
To better understand where you are located and help us to improve your shopping experience, we store information about your geographic location.
To enable you to login to cremationonline.com.au your password will be saved by our website, this is full encrypted by and cannot be accessed by us.
Will we disclose any of your personal information?
How do we protect your data?
We take the privacy and security of your Personal Information very seriously and use a number of procedures and processes to ensure, where possible, the security and integrity of your Personal Information;
• Encryption of data
• Anonymise and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you)
• Restricting access to Personal Information;
• Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
Unless you choose to store this information at checkout, we do not keep details of your credit card information, including the security code (or CCV number) that you need to input in order to complete an order using your credit card. If you wish the site to remember your card details, your details will be fully encrypted and stored in compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards. We do not have access to this data.
All credit card payments are processed by Stripe who have been providing online card processing for over 9 years. As a certified Payment Service Provider (PSP), all transactions processed are done so in a PCI DSS compliant fashion. For more information on DPS, please visit www.stripe.com. At the time you place your order, your credit card is pre-approved. Actual payment is processed through a secure process once.
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
• The right to access the personal information we hold about you
• The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
• The right to ask us to update any inaccurate personal information we hold about you (this can also be done through Login).
• The right (in certain circumstances) to request the personal information we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Where certain conditions apply, you have a right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
• You also have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing, automated processing or profiling.
• The right to opt out of marketing messages, which you can do through My Account, clicking the unsubscribe link in emails and/or by contacting our support team
• The right to complain – If you wish to make a complaint to the Company, you should first contact the Privacy Officer in writing. Your complaint will be dealt with in accordance with the Company’s complaints procedure and the Company will provide a response within a reasonable period. If you are unhappy with the Company’s response to your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
Links to other websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites controlled or offered by third parties which may be of interest to you. Please be mindful that we have no control over linked websites and we accept no responsibility for the privacy practices of linked websites and third party advertising. Each website is responsible for its own privacy practices.
Please exercise caution and read the privacy statement applicable to each website you visit. Links to third party websites are provided for convenience only and we make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information on those websites. No link to another website should be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of that website or of any information, goods or services referred to.
The information contained on our website is for general information purposes only. You must not rely on any statement contained on our website without taking specialist advice. While we endeavour to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information contained on our website, the information is subject to change, may be incomplete, inaccurate or may not meet your needs. We make no warranties and accept no responsibility for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of your reliance on any part of our website.
Liability and Indemnity
Links to other websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites controlled or offered by third parties which may be of interest to you. Please be mindful that we have no control over linked websites and we accept no responsibility for the privacy practices of linked websites and third party advertising. Each website is responsible for its own privacy practices. Please exercise caution and read the privacy statement applicable to each website you visit. Links to third party websites are provided for convenience only and we make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information on those websites. No link to another website should be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of that website or of any information, goods or services referred to.
Termination of access
We may terminate your access to our website at any time without giving any explanation or justification for the termination of access, and we have no liability for any cost, loss or damage of any kind arising as a consequence of terminating your access to our website.